Palmetto Estates's population is 14,354 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 4.97 percent. See all of our Palmetto Estates demographic data.
The median home cost in Palmetto Estates is $375,000. Home appreciation the last year has been -5.06 percent. Find more data on Palmetto Estates Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, Palmetto Estates's cost of living is 10.73% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on Palmetto Estates Cost of Living.
Palmetto Estates public schools spend $5,850 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 20 students per teacher in Palmetto Estates. Learn about Palmetto Estates Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in Palmetto Estates is 3.20 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Palmetto Estates jobs have Increased by 2.92 percent. See our full report on Palmetto Estates Economy.
Hospitals/medical centers near Palmetto Estates:
- BAPTIST HOSPITAL OF MIAMI INC (about 3 miles; MIAMI, FL)
- HEALTHSOUTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; MIAMI, FL)
- SOUTH MIAMI HOSPITAL INC (about 8 miles; MIAMI, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Palmetto Estates:
- MIAMI INTL (about 13 miles; MIAMI, FL; ID: MIA)
- FORT LAUDERDALE/HOLLYWOOD INTL (about 35 miles; FORT LAUDERDALE, FL; ID: FLL)
- PALM BEACH INTL (about 75 miles; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; ID: PBI)
Other public-use airports nearest to Palmetto Estates:
- KENDALL-TAMIAMI EXECUTIVE (about 4 miles; MIAMI, FL; ID: TMB)
- MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX EMS (about 12 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: MC4)
- MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX VIP (about 14 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: VI2)
Amtrak stations near Palmetto Estates:
- 13 miles: MIAMI INT'L AIRPORT (MIAMI, TRANSIT BUS LOADING AREA) - Bus Station
- 14 miles: HOMESTEAD (5 N.E. 3RD RD.) - Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines.
- 18 miles: MIAMI (8303 N.W. 37TH AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Operable nuclear power plants near Palmetto Estates:
- 15 miles: Turkey Point 3 and 4 in Florida City, FL.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Palmetto Estates:
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (about 8 miles; CORAL GABLES, FL; Full-time enrollment: 13,050)
- FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (about 8 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 22,716)
- MIAMI-DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 25,323)
- BARRY UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 5,780)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 37 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 38 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)