South Miami's population is 11,025 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 2.64 percent. See all of our South Miami demographic data.
The median home cost in South Miami is $641,300. Home appreciation the last year has been -2.24 percent. Find more data on South Miami Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, South Miami's cost of living is 40.48% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on South Miami Cost of Living.
South Miami public schools spend $5,974 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 16 students per teacher in South Miami. Learn about South Miami Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in South Miami is 3.20 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. South Miami jobs have Increased by 2.92 percent. See our full report on South Miami Economy.
College/University in South Miami:
- CITY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 201; Location: 5975 SUNSET DR SUITE 100; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.citycollege.edu)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to South Miami:
- MIAMI-DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; MIAMI, FL; Full-time enrollment: 25,323)
- BARRY UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 5,780)
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (about 16 miles; CORAL GABLES, FL; FT enrollment: 13,050)
- FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 22,716)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 26 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 30 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
Public high school in South Miami:
Public elementary/middle schools in South Miami:
Private elementary/middle schools in South Miami:
- GULLIVER SOUTH MIAMI CAMPUS (Students: 75; Location: 8530 RED ROAD; Grades: KG - 4)
- UNIVERSITY CHR CHILD'S CENTER (Students: 67; Location: 6750 SUNSET DRIVE; Grades: PK - KG)