Surfside's population is 4,636 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of -5.56 percent. See all of our Surfside demographic data.
The median home cost in Surfside is $789,000. Home appreciation the last year has been -11.84 percent. Find more data on Surfside Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, Surfside's cost of living is 56.98% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on Surfside Cost of Living.
Surfside public schools spend $5,764 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 19 students per teacher in Surfside. Learn about Surfside Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in Surfside is 3.20 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Surfside jobs have Increased by 2.92 percent. See our full report on Surfside Economy.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Surfside:
- BARRY UNIVERSITY (about 4 miles; MIAMI, FL; Full-time enrollment: 5,780)
- MIAMI-DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 8 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 25,323)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 16 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
- KEISER COLLEGE (about 22 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; FT enrollment: 2,879)
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (about 32 miles; CORAL GABLES, FL; FT enrollment: 13,050)
Library in Surfside:
- SURF-BAL-BAY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $93,064; Location: 9301 COLLINS AVENUE; 19,238 books; 453 audio materials; 537 video materials; 35 serial subscriptions)